Year 6 to Year 7 Transition
First of all we hope that you are all well and staying safe during the Covid 19 pandemic, coping with the challenges that home schooling and a partial return to school brings.
During more normal times we would have been well into the stages of Year 6 -7 transition. Unfortunately due to the restrictions placed on us we have not been able to follow our normal transition programme. We would like to take this opportunity to keep you up to date with what we are putting in place to ease the transition process during this difficult time.
• We have been in regular contact with your child's primary school to ensure the relevant transfer of academic and pastoral information takes place.
• A 'Friends' form has been sent out to your child's primary school for the Year 6's to complete, so they can choose at least one friend they would like to be in a tutor with at Manningtree High School.
• A number of our primary schools only send one or two students to us, and if this is the case it is normal practice for us to group students from these primaries together.
• The MHS SENCO has been having virtual meetings with our primary SENCO to ensure a smooth transition for students with additional needs.
• We will be recording a virtual talk to the Year 6 students and posting it on our website for all of the students to view. This talk would normally be conducted in their primary school by Mr Betts and Mrs Hemingway. So please keep and eye on the website for updates.
• A virtual tour of the school will also be recorded and posted on the website for you and your child to view.
• The English, Maths and Science departments have all prepared transitional learning resources and sent them out to your child's primary school in anticipation of joining us in September. These are available to download on our website (see resources below).
We also anticipate that there will be other transitional activities taking place either before the end of term, during the latter stages of the summer holiday and at the start of the next academic term. However, these have not been finalised and we will keep you up to date as much as we can in these ever changing times.
If you have any questions or concerns that you would like to raise please do not hesitate to contact either Mr Betts - Year 7 Key Stage Manager email email@example.com
or Mrs Hemingway who is the Assistant Key Stage Manager with responsibility for Year 7 at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not deal with transportation issues within school, these are all handled by Essex County Council.