School Development 2021-22
Our targets, objectives and actions for this year are linked to the following goals:
- Attendance to remain well above national averages.
- Student attainment to remain above national averages.
- Students are safe in school.
- Every student leaving year 11 makes a successful transition to the next stage of their learning/career journey.
Curriculum development objectives this year focus on the acquisition of language skills and closing the gap between the attainment of girls and the attainment of boys.
Teaching and Learning development objectives this year focus on developing subject specific staff training, engaging with research, continuing to apply our Principles for Learning and on supporting the development of language skills in students.
Safeguarding, wellbeing and transitions development objectives this year focus on building students’ knowledge and resilience so they have the skills and information they need to keep safe and manage their own wellbeing. We are also ensuring that the new RSE curriculum is delivered in full.
Behaviour, welfare and attendance development objectives year focus on celebrating success, developing student leadership opportunities and dealing with any incidences of poor attendance or punctuality. The Anti Bullying policy has been revised in consultation with the students.
School premises priorities are:
- Completing window replacement works to improve the insulation of the buildings.
- Repairing leaking roofs.
- Turning the Butterfly Project Garden into a usable resource for the school.
- Planning upgrading of the sports centre facilities.